Tuesday, September 28, 2010

First Post


Hahaha.. a short story of the birth of this blog
Last night, I and my cousin, ivan, were talking about making our own blog. So i delete my previous blog away and created a new one in place of it.

As for my first entry, I do not have much things in mind to write them out so I'll just relate a happening last saturday

We (me and my cousin) went to SV guitar at City Hall to try out Swing's Smash B1 BK/R and Smash EZ1 BK. Both are basswood but they sound world apart. B1 comes in HH configuration while EZ1 is in HSH.
After trying both at Woodlands, was rather astonished by the differences. So i went back home and check out the spec of the two at swing website. The mystery was solved. The reason why B1 sounds better is due to its superiority in terms of pickups. It is the HeartBreaker Pickups that differentiate them.

Tried Modtone speedbox again and also extreme metal. Still pondering over which pedal to buy, DS1 or speedbox and MetalZone or extreme metal.

Then we went to Davis Guitars since ivan wanna try out his SX seg1. The strings are too far apart from the fret for my likings. Then, the old man from Davis came, snatched (literally) his $299 guitar away and keep asking "Getting this one?". Hell no. Even if i like, i rather buy from other shops.

No comments: