Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Heavy consumer

I was playing my strat with my Modtone Extreme Metal when the sound starts to fade away slowly. At first, I thought it was the cables so I changed to other cables. The problem still persists. Next, I switch my Extreme Metal to bypass. Shockingly, the sound came back when I do so. The blue LED light of the Extreme Metal was still there so I thought my Modtone cocked up. So as my last test, I plugged in my Zoom 9V adapter into it. It was really a relieve to know that my Modtone is still functioning properly. 

So what is the problem then?


The problem all lies on the stock 9V battery (as shown above) inside the pedal. Apparently, it had not run out completely but had enough power to light up the blue LED on the pedal, which tricked me into thinking that the pedal actually went hay-wired.

From this event, I would conclude that Modtone pedals are indeed heavy battery eaters as many reviews had highlighted. This new battery didn't even last for more than 8 hours of playing. But again, the stock battery life would have be shortened significantly as it was installed inside the pedal ever since the pedal was manufactured and was never removed since then. So, there is a probability of the battery installed for over 5 months++.



Well, I'd now changed the battery to Vinnic Extra Heavy Duty battery bought from Standard Value which I bought it on the same day as Extreme Metal. 


No comments: