Thursday, November 24, 2011

Back to blogging and guitar-ing/ Stock Up Day

I'm just left with 2 more papers (2 MCQ papers). So I can finally blog something. However, the problem is... I've been away from guitars and stuff for quite long. My mind is empty and I don't really know what to write.
Anyway, I've stocked up on guitar strings. These are what I bought (nothing new though)

  • GHS Coated Boomer Light (10-46)
  • GHS Coated Boomer Thin/Thick (10-52)
  • Martin Lifespan SP (13-56)
  • D'Addario EXP26 Phosphor Bronze Custom Light (11-52)
Well, the GHS is nothing new. As usual, I buy two different gauges. The Light gauge (10-46) is for my Squier while the gauge with the light top and heavy bottom is my Fernandes, which is always drop-tuned most of the time. The Martin Lifespan SP... I had a brand new set before but my friend bought it from me. So I have to get a new set. 13-56 may seem to be a heavy gauge. It is but this is not a problem when my acoustic is also never in standard tuning. Lastly, I choose EXP26 which is Custom Light or gauge-11. Someone once advised me to use gauge-12. However, I think the gauge is too heavy and might add certain strain to the guitar neck. Either 11 or even 10, I would say, is a suitable gauge if you want to keep your neck straight.

2 comments:

fenny said...

arrghh same here.. all the best for the next two papers :P

Loki said...

thx fenny! you too! hahaha.