Saturday, January 22, 2011

Tubescreamer

I'd been looking for an overdrive pedal I want. After trying dozens of OD petals (MXR, Boss, Modtone, Fulltone) of all price range, I finally decided to buy Ibanez TS7 Tubescreamer. 


Reason: I wanted a thick and yet warm overdrive and it should be able to boost the overdrive of the amplifier. TS7 does the job well. Though it doesn't give a very nice sound when played with my Squier Strat, it gives the exact sound I want with my Fernandes. Well, the quality of the guitar is very different which explains the reason why.


Tone: It has a very smooth and warm sound. There are two modes in TS7, TS9 and HOT modes. Hot mode has a higher output than the TS9 mode. TS9 gives you a milder overdrive, which I ultilised it as an amp booster. 


Features: 3 knobs. (Drive, Tone, Level),  Push Lok retractable knobs. 


In my opinion, Biyang Baby Boom Mad Driver has the tone close to TS7 but not identical. However, Mad Driver has 3 modes instead of 2. I still chose TS7 in the end because in terms of warmth, it is better. 

No comments: