Sunday, February 6, 2011

BEHRINGER PB-100

Well, look what I've got myself using portion of the Ang Bao I got!!




Behringer PB-100
Its function is well stated on it. It is a preamp booster (aka) clean booster. Got this for a cheap $29 from Subversion! Today was the first time I see him in person. =) He's indeed a very nice and friendly guy as many say. The pedal was as good as new. The pedal was thoroughly cleaned. No shoe prints on the switch shows that this pedal has never been gigged before and hence looks brand new!

Almost immediately after I'd got it from sub, I ran straight back home to try it out. 
Well, I placed the newly acquired PB-100 in the first position, followed by my Ibanez Tubescreamer TS-7. the Zoom G2.1u is just there to act as a tuner. -.- 
The PB-100 do wonders with the TS-7. The boost makes the TS-7 sound 'fatter'. I tweaked my treble at 3 o'clock on the PB-100, bass at 11 o clock and the gain in the middle. 
Many of the Keeley modded overdrives like Keeley modded TS-9 and Keeley SD-1 works in the same way. Instead of having a clean booster outside, they had a integrated boost circuit inside them. (Sub told me this! xD) 


3 comments:

subversion.sg said...

in addition to more drive from the integrated boosters, the KEELEY-modded Tube Screamers also feature an EQ tweak so the tone we hear do not highlight a mid-range hump.

Loki said...

hey sub..
rly like the booster =)

Anonymous said...

where can we get this and whats the retail price? is there any preamp booster to be compared to this?.. im planning on getting a emg afterburner, but its also boosts gain.. only thing is i can have it onboard..