Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Sound Drive SG-15

The other day, I was helping my cousin, Ivan, to look for an amplifier. His requirement is a good quality amp with an affordable (and reasonable) price. I found him one at SV guitars today. 
Price: $100




Peavey rage-158
Price: $148

Both amp come with a clean and OD channel each and 3-band equalisers. SG-15 features a CD AUX Jack input as well, allowing you to play your mp3 through it. SG-15 is a 15W amp and rage-158 is a 30W.


Clean
I played the clean channels using the middle pickup of the S1. SG-15 clean is not a very bad. But I prefer a warmer tone for clean. But SG-15 doesn't give me enough warmth I want. I prefer the Peavey Rage 158's clean channel as it has a much warmer tone. 

Over-Drive
The overdrive for SG-15 is a wonder for a 15-watt amp. Has a crunchy tone and is very good for shredding. When the gain is at its maximum, it is very sensitive to picking and just the way I like. As for Peavey Rage-158, it sounds a bit too muddy for my likings. 

Currently, I would choose SG-15 at my amp when I move house. Can't buy new stuffs now or else there will me more things to move. Reason: It is cheap and the amp looks well-built, too. 

No comments: