Monday, July 23, 2012

Finally a decent shop in Myanmar!

This may be a piece of good news for those looking to buy guitars and related equipments here in Myanmar. I have finally found a shop where the prices are pretty reasonable (though not awfully cheap). As much as I would love to take a photo of the shop, I was stopped by the shopkeeper there. I explained to him but he was adamant. Well, too bad since it is his own loss. 

Anyway, the shop name is: Jolly Music Centre. It is located at City Center Shopping Mall. Here is the exact address:
No. 3 and 4 Laharpyin
City Center Shopping Mall
Pabedan Township
Yangon, Myanmar 
If you happen to visit Myanmar (for some reasons which makes me wonder what it is though), you should visit this place. There are a couple of music shops though not that many. As far as I can see, things in Jolly Music Center are authentic so you don't need to be afraid of duds. What brands do they have? Fender, Ibanez, Washburn, Schecter, Laney, Peavey, hell a lot of Yamaha, and effects like Boss, Digitech and Ibanez. In fact, it's the only place I have seen a TS9 and TS808. Guitars are listed in USD so you might need to know the exchange rate before making a purchase.  
 

No comments: