Saturday, July 28, 2012

Pulling the 'trigger'

This is my latest guitar-related equipment I got for myself just recently.
This is a simple device to train your muscles on your palm and the fingers. The whole purpose of this is to train my right hand. As guitarists, training our left hand isn't too much of a problem, assuming most of us are right-handed and left hand is our fretting finger. Running through the scales in a proper hand position would definitely train up those very much needed muscles on each fingers and the palm. What is harder to train is the muscle on the right hand. So I got myself this little plaything. There are many ways to train our right hand on a guitar: classical guitarists will probably know a couple of them. However, with this thing, I can practise anything and anywhere I want, while I'm watching TV, on bus or reading a book without needing a guitar or causing other any disturbance. 
I feel that such practices are important in the long run. It was an advice given by a guitar tutor. Such training will improve the picking speed and also gives you a better control on your picking hand and for finger-style guitarists, needless to say that it will definitely help them by a great deal.

No comments: