Saturday, May 21, 2011

Hamer Echotone

I have a chance to try one of my friend's Hamer Echotone. (as seen below).
It is a semi-hollow. Nothing very prestigious so don't compare it with some Gretsch or Gibson. However, it is still very well built. Echotone provides a very clean tone and I find that it is especially true when played through its neck humbucker. The neck of the guitar is a set-neck. The neck is rather thin as well. However, after a quick research, it is made of maple and not mahogany as I have anticipated. Maple gives a brighter tone, so those who prefer bright sounds will like it. However, I do not have enough time to play it with some distortion. I will make a better review of it after I'd thoroughly tested it out.
It costs $527 at City Music. If you are looking for a good and affordable semi-hollow, here you go. =)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Derek, Joshua Here!

Haha next time you can bring your distortion pedal and test it with the ecotone:)

Loki said...

haha. Sure thing man. =) thx fo reading my blog!! XD