Monday, October 10, 2011

Alternative solution for messiness

One of the main reason why people get Pedaltrain is because they can't stand messy wires.
The above picture is a random picture I grabbed from Google. I just want to show what I meant by messy wires. It's not very messy up there but I've seen worse cases especially when you have so many units on the board. I've been through that once so I definitely understand it. For pedaltrain, you can easily connect all the cables and power supply from underneath so at one glance, your rig will look rather neat.
But you don't always need to get pedaltrain for this reason. You can still keep your pedals neat and tidy without wires snaking around them... if you uses a Pedal Riser.
How it works is rather self-explanatory: picture describes everything. 
Again, this isn't some great invention. People just thought of something which other haven't. In fact, this is DIY-able...

2 comments:

subversion.sg said...

for us guitar-to-amp dweebs: messiness? what messiness? he he... :-)

Loki said...

That's the advantage of not having too many effect. I am hoping that I won't have many effects as well.