Friday, November 5, 2010

The Makeover

I'd sent my guitar for a full body decal wrap. Despite the expensive price, it still worths it. In my opinion, you need to love your instrument in order to play well.

Next, I went to City Music at Douby Ghaut with KJ for, well, window-shopping. Tried a few expensive Martins.  Some are 1 or 2 years old and the more older ones can be as old as 15 to 20 years old. Also learnt about how different wood grains would interfere the tone of the guitar. The old guitars are also the evidence that tone mature along with the time. The pores of  the wood are opened and thus there is a change in its sustainability and it is more mellow as well.

Then, we went to Music Ensemble to get some guitar inlays for our guitars. KJ got himself 2 decals, one mocking bird inlay or hide's (X japan) inlay. As for myself, this is what I get. Take a look. xD




Sticked the inlay in the wrong order.. but it is not that obvious right? Combined the 24th fret inlay with the 21st. Now, I just have to wait for my guitar to come back and then screw this neck back. =D 




No comments: