Sunday, October 31, 2010

Shopping again

Have been telling myself to get a set of fresh strings for my acoustic. But in the end, I was too busy with other stuffs that I only managed to buy it yesterday. Only buy 3 items though.

1. Planet Waves Pro-Winder

Actually, I've always wanted to buy this but either it is overpriced or can't be found. But to my surprise, almost many guitar shops has this. You name it; Swee Lee, Ranking, Music Theme etc... So I finally managed to get one at Swee Lee since I was there to help my cousin look for his practice pad, which he in the end bought at ranking instead. This winder has got a cutter along as well and thus got it's name "Pro-Winder". 

2. GHS Vintage Bronze

Actually, I wasn't exactly wanting to buy this. What I wanted to buy is Phosphor bronze. However, since I also wanted to try differences between them, I ended up buying both. Vintage bronze, according to the list below is supposed to sound more mellow. I don't know another word to explain this but I would describe it as the tone is more 'rich'.


3. GHS Phosphor Bronze

Phosphor bronze, according to what I'd learnt, is one of the most balanced string. I would recommend to buy phosphor if you are not sure of what tone you would want. =)


I decided to use the vintage bronze first. =) finally, i can play my acoustics alr.. say goodbye to my 8 months old strings~ its rather absurd.. but it's the fact.. Myanmar does not have quality strings.

No comments: