Monday, October 11, 2010

Disrespectful!!!!

This classmate of mine just picked up on piano round about 3 weeks ago. I am not sure of what is his reason and I don't care. ;D Playing guitar is more important than think about such things.


Well, today this same friend of mine spoke to me. 


The Friend: You know what is symphonic band?
Me: What?
The Friend: It is a bunch of low-class players combined together to form a HIGH-class band.


That speech blew me up. Who the hell is he to say this? Mozart? Even Mozart won't say this man.... 
Apparently, he thinks that piano is a high-class instrument, well, classical piano is indeed part of high culture. But that doesn't mean that other instruments such as violin, cello and clarinet are low level. What he is saying is, Eric Clapton (the 1st guitarist that ever comes in to my mind) plays guitar and not piano so he is low-class. In music, non of the instrument are better than another. They should all be treated with equal respect. Whether he means it or not, even if it is a joke, it is not funny. I'm not gonna mention how I chided and how badly =). 

No comments: