Friday, October 15, 2010

The Misleading Angel

Actually, my band leader brought this topic up on facebook first so I was thinking that it would be good to share it here.
This guitar is known at ESP Flying Angel -Fantasia- (Fantasia is the colour of the guitar). This is an artist series guitar by the way, by T.Takamizawa. The following is the spec:

BODY :Alder
NECK :Hard Maple 3P
FINGERBOARD :Rosewood, 24frets
INLAY :T's Arrow
SCALE :648mm(Long)
NUT :Locknut (42mm/R2)
JOINT :Set-neck
TUNER :GOTOH SG360-07
BRIDGE :Floyd Rose
PICKUPS :(Neck) EMG 81
(Bridge) EMG 81

CONTROL :Toggle PU Selector
COLOR :Fantasia
PRICE :2,415,000yen (Include Tax)
 with HARD CASE



The nett price of 2.4 million yen is around about SGD 38k. This is one of the most expensive guitar i had seen in my life so far for signature guitars. I would rather buy a limited Fender or Gibson, a Taylor guitar, a Marshall or Mesa amp and my whole list of effects I've wanted instead.  

Seriously, it is not worth the money. Cosmetic-wise, it maybe superb to some but some may prefer a much simpler design and body. Moreover, there is no tone and volume controls on the guitar, which I think is a very important factor but the people maybe misled by its look that they neglected the tone. 

No comments: