Sunday, October 10, 2010

The 'guitar' day-out

I am supposed to update this post since yesterday. But, never managed to do so. Hahaha.


Yesterday, me and my bunch of friends went out to City Hall to try out some effects. What I had in my mind was to try a tele, regardless of if it is a fender or what-so-ever. That was my initial thought.
We were supposed to meet up by 3 45 but 2 of them ended up coming 20+ mins late. Well... nvm about that. =.=
Most importantly, KJ (my band leader) was looking for a Wah pedal to buy. These are the list of pedals which he tried for at least an hour.


Mod Tone Vintage Wah
This Wah is just an okay-okay wah, like many other wahs. and I'm not that particular about different types of wah pedals yet. 
Mod Tone Vintage Analog Delay
This delay isn't that bad. Tweak the time down will increase the tempo of the delay. Tweak the repeat will of cos tweak the number to delayed notes. I still prefer Boss DD-2 
Mod Tone Aqua Chorus II
A pretty colourful chorus pedal for a very reasonable price. I will consider getting one for my own.
Mod Tone Lemon Squeeze (compressor /sustainer)
I'm still trying to figure out what is the big differences between Boss CS-3 and this. As for the compression, they are almost the same. But for the sustain part, CS-3 can sustain much better.

In the end, he only managed to buy the vintage wah and 10ft long cable. =.= 

Next, we went to guitar77. Never had I expected to find Schecter Hellraiser C1 there!! Wow! I asked Rui to let me try and he gave me Hellraiser Avenger instead, knowing that I like Synyster Gates.
The pickup comes with EMG-81. There is a Vol control and a Tone control, which both are push/pull coil tap. With the knob pulled up, it produces a very strat like tone when played in clean. Its mahogany body produces the exact dark tone of my likings. The best part about this guitar is its neck, which is very important as well. When playing down to 19th fret, the neck-thru construction allows you to play without much restriction like some bolt-on necks will do. Bolt-on necks will prevent your thumb from sliding down to the 19th fret. In my opinion, that is the best part.

Today I also gave my Strat a total polish as well. The fretboard no longer has that old and dusty look. It is now totally dark and shiny. 



 Before polishing: The Ugly.... You can see the white patches of dirt on the fretboard.
After polishing: Once an ugly but Now a beauty =P

No comments: