Tuesday, March 6, 2012

And yet again... Guitar shopping!

I went down to City Hall a few days ago to accompany my friend choose his first electric guitar and amp. He's new to guitar but maybe I influence him a bit too much, he wants to get an electric guitar of his own. As usual, I take him to my favourite shop, SV Guitar. These are what he got for himself.

This is a Swing. You might have heard that there are now Indonesian Swing guitar as well. The above picture shows one of them. This is a Swing P-2 made in Indonesia. I was told that Swing replaced the Smash guitars with Indonesian Swing guitars instead. By switching the country of production, it makes the new Swing guitars very affordable. Swing P-2 is only $240 (MIK one costs $500). I tried both the MIK and MII versions and I don't see any big difference between the two. Both versions of P-2 sport an alder body each and similar electronics. DO NOTE that the guitars do not come along with softcases. So guitar bags have to be purchases separately.

The hardwares for this P-2 in the photos are actually Korean and based on my experience, I have faith in Korean guitars and hardwares. If you find any difference in the two versions, please feel free to share. I would love to know more about it. As you know, I've been away from blogging for months. 

This is the next thing he bought from SV: Nux Mighty 15. I recommended that to him. I've tried it and written about it HERE. I think this is a very good practice amp. I wanted to get Mighty 8 for myself on that day but sadly, they are all sold out. Good stuff never stay. Mighty 15 is still on offer though (S$125).

My friends keep getting new guitars while my family (of guitars) is growing smaller. I just sold my Fernandes and several other pedals.   

No comments: