Saturday, March 10, 2012

Tuning trick

Many people may experience problem with tuning a guitar which was just recently restrung with a fresh set of strings. We all know that we have to stretch our strings so that the tuning would be much easier. Some of us will pull the strings with our hands. Well, it works perfectly fine but not all of us know how hard we are supposed to pull. This is how I stretch my strings.
When I tune the guitar for the first time after its strings are changed, I will always tune half a step up for the 3rd to 6th strings, and a 'quarter' step up for the 1st and 2nd strings. According to my experience, this is the fastest way to tune a guitar with fresh set of strings. Tested and proven. 

This trick isn't my creation and idea. It was someone else's but no harm sharing them here!

No comments: