Sunday, April 3, 2011

Baked?

This is a baked potato. Water-watering, isn't?
Well, sadly, this is what Singapore's recent weather is turning us into; it is baking us up with high temperatures. In fact, managed to hit as high as 35 'C. To some, it may sound exaggerating. However, during my 7 years in Singapore, I won't doubt that this year is the hottest year. During hot days, everyone would wish for a cool breeze or an afternoon rain to cool us down. We get neither of them. and ironically, you get hot wind blowing to you and increased humidity instead. Any geography student would say that this is the result of global warming. 

This can be rather troublesome for my guitar-ing as well. Normally, I would sweat a lot. Now it's worse. This quickens the rate of rusting of my strings. Sweat will trickle on my guitar and I have to wipe them off all the time. The weather also spoils your mood to play guitar, too. 

Air-conditioning? Nah. Electrical bill is equally screwed up as well. 

4 comments:

GZNG said...

hey loki, just enquiring where did you buy your zoom G2.1u and for how much?

Loki said...

hey bro.. I got it last year. from a fren for a $150 price. Sadly, it's outdated since there is a new G2.1Nu.. an improved version of G2.1u
You can also buy zoom effects at City Music (in douby ghaut) as well. You can check their website for the price.

GZNG said...

okay thanks alot
the G2Nu caught my eye, but looking at the G2.1Nu and comparing prices and specs, to me it seems like an extra $60 for an integrated expression pedal, what do you think?

Loki said...

The expression pedal only comes in handy when you are using effects like wah and phaser. I would usually end up using the expression pedal as a volume pedal since I don't use any noise gates. But it doesn't mean that G2Nu is incapable of wah and phaser. You can attach a external Zoom expression pedal to use these effects on G2Nu. G2.1Nu saves all these trouble since it comes along with a built-in one.

I, for one, doesn't really know how to appreciate digital effects. I prefer analog effects more. xD