Saturday, April 23, 2011

What are you doing!!!

It always pisses me off very badly whenever I see someone else not handling my guitar properly. To me, regardless of what guitar it is (a TMG or a Gibson), all guitars need to be handled with care.
What I want to bring up today is 'How people scratches their fretboard'. I was reconditioning my Squier when i discover a scratch at the 21st fret. Nothing serious you may say, but serious enough for me to irritate me.

How do you normally strum when you are playing an acoustic guitar? Where do you actually strum?
I believe it should be as shown above.
I just can't understand why people can't apply this same concept on electric guitars. In fact, it really irritated to see people strumming at the 19-21 fret. This is especially true when they are standing up and play. It should be at the pickups instead.

Guitar pick is made of plastic but given enough force, it is able to scratch the rosewood fretboard especially when you are using the picks made of similar material as Stubby.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awch! that sucks! couldnt take care of their guitars...

Loki said...

Yeah.. The damage could be more severe if the guitar has a neck binding..