Saturday, September 24, 2011

New wood conditioner

I got this SKYDD wood treatment oil from Ikea today. I didn't buy it. I asked my cousin to help me look for one since he stays 2 bus-stops away from Queensway Ikea. If I was him, I would 'da bao' meatballs from Ikea every week. I love the food there.
Anyway, after one long day of jamming and stuffs, I decided to clean my Fernandes. I am actually starting to regret using inlay stickers. Why so? Just take a look at the photo below.
It left some markings there, a result of all the dirt and sweat accumulated at the sides of the stickers. It took me quite a while to get these things off the fretboard. Thanks to Dr. Duck Axwax, I managed to scrub it out. Normally, I would use Axwax as a cleaning liquid as well as a wood conditioner. It does its job quite well but not as well as I want it to be. The fretboard is rather dry as well. I neglected it since 2 weeks before my exams started. After using SKYDD on it...
It is totally different. Sorry for the lousy photos because I'm using my Nokia E72 camera and it isn't the best camera on Earth.

Is it harmful to use on your guitar? Is the chemical too harsh for the instrument?
It is safe to use on your guitar. After all, Beez uses this. Subversion uses this. Why would they do so if it is harmful for guitars.

No comments: