Thursday, September 22, 2011

Teye > Les Paul?

If you are getting bored of singlecut designs like that of PRS, Les Paul, etc... you might find Teye might be interesting.
Although I find some of the designs of Teye rather excessive, the one above is actually a cool one. It's called La India Supreme (S-series). Someone has told me that Teye is a better Gibson Les Pauls. I actually beg to differ. Gibson Les Paul's body is a pure solid mahogany wood. La India and many other Teye has an aluminum plate on it. That would give Teye a different tone from a wooden Les Paul. The body of Teye are also smaller compared to an LP. So is it really accurate to compare Teye with Gibson LPs? In my opinion, they are from two different worlds. Of course, I have YET to try them so I may be incorrect, too. But I still have my doubts if Teye can really substitute Gibson Les Pauls...

2 comments:

subversion.sg said...

this isn't a Les Paul affair, it's a Zemaitis knock-off... http://www.zemaitis-guitars.jp/

Loki said...

I see i see... There was a person who kept insisting people to bring down their Les Paul and compare with Teye...