Sunday, March 6, 2011

Buy, buying, bought! (continue)

Continuation.

The answer in the blank is this:


Biyang Metal End (King), Tonefancier Series.

I have only one thing to say about this. "It's awesome".
Judging from all the different modes and 4 tonal controls on the pedal, one could tell that Metal-End is extremely versatile.

Amp Simulator
In layman term, Amp simulator makes your Metal-end king sounds more like a real amp's distortion and less like a pedal. (it added life to your pedal). When I first tried it, I failed to notice its effect on the tone because I was playing at a very low amp volume. There are also some other people trying out guitars and I don't wish to disturb them. The amp simulator's effect is obvious especially at high amp volumes.

Modern, normal and classic modes
Modern mode is basically a high gain mode whereas the classic mode has a lower one. Normal is in between the two.

High cut
High cut allows the user to immediately reduce the 'High' tone (treble) with just a toggle switch instead of meddling with the tone controls. It saves time and trouble when you wish to reduce your highs.

Normal, Bright, Warm
The name describes it. No need me to say more.

Why is Metal-End King so cheap ($110) despite having so many functions?
1. The packaging is very simple and there are not any decorations/drawings on it and thus reducing the cost of producing it.
2. There is no manuals or any other papers, which we usually get whenever we buy electronic stuffs. Saves the cost of printing.
3. Remember it is manufactured in China. China has the lowest cost of productions, taxes and other charges. Moreover, most pedals are expensive because of the name of the brand it is printed on it.

It is also a true bypass; there will not be any loss of my desired tone, especially when it is connected along with various pedals. 

Benefits from buying this?
1. Versatility (It can go very fierce or even mild, depending on how you tweak the controls)
2. Cool-looking (Looks to me is a minority. I don't really care much about looks for guitars or pedals as long as they are functioning. But the metal casing indeed makes it pedal look cool)
3. A mirror xD (it is so shiny that I could use it as a mirror instead of my handphone to check if my hair is fine!!)

No comments: