Wednesday, March 16, 2011

SNAP~!

Just a small post before I go to Bugis to start mugging (once again).
One of the main reason why my guitar strings snap is usually because I love to bend too much. This is especially true if it the 1st (e) string.

Just my luck. I got slapped by the e-string of my Fernandes. It was loaded with Gallistring previously. http://theguitarmaniac.blogspot.com/2011/03/new-gauge-new-tuning.html

Snapping of the string is nothing interesting. What really intrigues me is where it snaps. Take a look:

'
Apparently, it was at the ball end: the part where is string is tied around the ball part. I thought it was because of rust. After having a quick check, it wasn't. The string is still fresh! Low quality of the strings? I don't think so. All the other strings look perfectly fine. Maybe it is just my luck to get a defected e-string. =(

No comments: