Saturday, March 5, 2011

Dr Duck's FTW

I went to SV guitars to actually try out an effect pedal. Since I was already there, I might as well buy something from them.
This is what I buy, for $14.50
Uses:
  • Do the entire instrument (fretboard, headstock, front. sides, back, pickguards).
  • Lubes and restores strings.
  • Increases string life.
  • Cleans and lubes bridge saddles and fine tuners on locking tremolo systems.
  • Lubes tuning machine knobs and posts and strap locks..
  • Raw wood conditioner... (fingerboards, bridges, etc..)
  • VERY FRIENDLY to delicate VINTAGE finishes as well as all modern instruments.



This is the reason why the fretboards of the guitars in SV looks marvelous. Dr. Duck's is claimed to be one of the best raw wood conditioner. I only believes it after it'd done wonders to my two guitars. It is most visible on the fretboard; they become much darker as it is re-hydrated. I previously use Dunlops Lemon Oil. But...

Dr. Duck's > Dunlops
..in terms of its function as a fretboard conditioner! Just 3 drops of it can do miracles on a guitar. =)

I've read a review on this saying that the applicator of this cleaner is a bit too large to pour out the desirable amount. Well, it is not wise to pour it on the instrument. What I do is to put a piece of clean cloth at the applicator and pour out 2 to 3 drops (3 is enough!). 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol~ seems great~let me taste it later~

Loki said...

Just don't do it literally. Petroleum distillates can shorten your life. =P