Saturday, March 19, 2011

V-PICK

I used to use Clayton 1.52mm picks (1) since my favourite pick "Star pick" is not available at Davis...

However, about a week ago, Subversion gave me a free complementary V-pick small pointed. (2). I immediately fell in love with the pick. The pick is 2.75 mm think, nearly as thick as my Alice 3mm. I am able to play faster with V-picks.
Reason:
It is due to its smooth curved edges of the V-pick. I believe some do call them as 'beveled'.  When I play a note, the pick will just slide pass it, not reducing any of the sound quality. This sliding motions allows me to do alternative pickings much faster.
How much I like it? I immediately get another 3 more of them, ruby red medium pointed this time. I just can't resist red colour. =P.. Why buy 3? One for me, one for my cousin and one for my friend. =)

@subversion: Once again, thank you very much for the V-pick you've sent me!!!

8 comments:

subversion.sg said...

my pleasure, bro- just like to share something that works :-)

Loki said...

Yeah~~ thx... How is the Traditional V-pick?

subversion.sg said...

acceptable. i'm not about to discard my Stubby anytime soon, though :-)

Loki said...

Hahaha.. I still use both of them though, the V and the Alice 3mm. Alice still gives me extra grip. =)

Anonymous said...

i use jazzIII's but what vpick should i get that is near the size of jazzIII?? small pointed?

Loki said...

Either a small pointed or a medium pointed. If you prefer a bigger pick, medium would be fine for you. =)

Anonymous said...

ok thanks! do you have tonelab st reviews here?

Loki said...

Nope sadly no. Haha. I m not really into multi-effects. Not saying that multi-effects suck but it is just me not liking them as much. I've tired it but not thorough enough to write a proper review on it. =)