Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Cleaning the board

Pedal case easily collects dust and dirt and we can't be taking off all the pedals and clean it all the time. So the collection of dust can be horrifying.
My friends use brushes to brush the dirt, dust, etc.. off the board. It does the job but it also damages the carpet on it and may eventually tear (especially if you are using some monstrous strength to do the job). My way of cleaning is totally harmless to the carpet. This is what I use.
I don't know what you call this but it is used to remove hair, fur and dust on clothes. You can use the same on the pedal board. And it does its job pretty well.

This is my partially-cleaned pedal board. I am just cleaning it before I actually pass it to the buyer. The below is the fully-cleaned pedal board.
As for the corners, I use a soft-bristled brush and scoop them out. This method is nothing genius. In fact, it may be lame. Well, as long as it doesn't spoil things, it is still a good method. I take less than half the time of what my friends took to clean their pedal boards.

5 comments:

GZNG said...

it's a lint roller... it might damage the furry carpeting inside over the long run though haha

Loki said...

The carpet on the pedal board are not furry.. Hahaha. I don't think it is sticky enough to spoil it cos i don't see black furs on the roller after cleaning. =P

GZNG said...

hmm yeah i guess so... and i noticed flowers and butterflies on the outer case haha

mattojack said...

so... im the buyer rite?

Loki said...

@GZNG: yeah.. I know.. hahahah. pretty gay though.

@jack: yes oji-san. it's yours.