Monday, June 27, 2011

The saddles story

Here is what I mean by my bridge being rusty. The picture says it all.
So all the rusty saddles are removed before cleaning the bridge plate. There is hardly any rust on it though. Just a few scratches and rust stains from the saddles.
This is where the stuffs (to my mom, they are rubbish) I retrieved from the dustbin come in handy. After cleaning all the saddles, they look as if they are new. I prefer this type of saddles more than the vintage-style stamped bent ones. I find them easier to play palm muting with these saddles.
After all the installation done, I went back to check the damage done by the rust. The springs are all deformed thanks to the rusting.
So, I guess the below are the real rubbish. (not the clip! That's supposed to be a present for a friend.) 
Or maybe not. The saddles are not too rusty and still usable (as long as you have the screws and the springs). If anyone wants it, do let me know. I won't mind giving them away. I hate to throw stuffs away. But I think it is better to get new ones though. Each saddle costs about $5-8. 

================================================================
Math today was a total screwy.

8 comments:

GZNG said...

the vintage look had always appealed to me, but the feel of the adjustment screws at the saddles is really annoying... but some wilkinson units have that block like saddles

Loki said...

Yes. They do have block saddles. XD. That time, all i noe abt guitar is tat it has 6 strings and nothing else. So i just anyhow grab a bridge, which happens to be a wilkinson with vintage-style saddles. (its the cheapest)

GZNG said...

Haha i don't have an electric but i read up a lot and play the guitars at stores Haha

Loki said...

I wanted to get some graphtech graphite saddles. But none of the shops have them. All out of stock.

GZNG said...

pencil lead could be an improvisation, but as far as i know, the saddles enable smother trem operation and has the benefit of recessed adjustment screws

subversion.sg said...

make sure you re-intonate your guitar after the saddles swap :-)

Loki said...

Hahaha. Currently, it doesn't have any strings on it. xD Waiting for my exam to finish first so that the plasma-1 can be installed.

Loki said...

Thx for the advice, sub! =)