Sunday, June 26, 2011

Dissembling

I changed my Squier's bridge to Wilkinson WVCSB when I broke my tremolo inside the bridge (I know that sounds stupid). That was 3 weeks after I got my first electric guitar, which is the Squier. It used to be white like this (in case you are interested).
I found the old bridge in the dustbin today. Apparently, my mom thought it was some junk and she stepped onto some screws. So she dumped them in the dustbin. I retrieve it and try to scrape as much useful pieces as possible. After all, only the bridge block would be the one which I won't be using.
Just when I need to change my saddles (the old ones are rusting), it saves my day.. and my $30 dollars. And a few other parts will save $4 to $5 I guess.

4 comments:

GZNG said...

i'm just curious as to how the trem broke haha

Loki said...

well, tats easy. I didnt screw in the tremolo completely. So it got jammed inside there and when i try to remove it, it broke.

GZNG said...

ahh makes sense Haha heard that the wilkinson units are quite good, what do you think?

Loki said...

Hmm, it is quite good. =) But the saddles aren't that appealing. Not really because of the quality but more cos of the type.. posting up on it later. xD