Sunday, June 12, 2011

Speedbox VS Max Distortion

I am not feeling well since last Wednesday and supposed to be at home taking a rest. Instead, I went out to study and (of course) 'tour' City Hall. This is also the reason why my flu never recovers.

On Thursday, I went down to City Hall to get back my drumsticks. Of course, I will still end up in guitar shops. It would be strange if I don't. =/

Anyway, I tried two distortion pedals of the same tier.
Biyang Baby Boom Max Distortion (DS-10)
Modtone Speedbox Distortion

They are both true bypasses; there is no tonal loss through it when you are connecting it in series with other effects.
Speedbox isn't new to me at all. I've tried it quite a number of times. But Biyang DS-10 is. It has that extra toggle switch on it like any other Baby Boom pedals.
In my opinion, Speedbox is still a better distortion than DS-10. What I like about Speedbox is its bright sounding distortion, which DS-10 failed to give even in its 'Bright' mode. No matter how I tweak the knobs, it still doesn't satisfy me. At least for me, that is.

No comments: