Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Da Death Metal

Here is the Digitech Death Metal Distortion, something I tried yesterday (because I was too bored). I did try it once last time but not thorough enough to write anything about it. 
As you can see, there is no Gain knob on it. This means you have no control over the intensity of the distortion. It is fixed. You may find it strange but personally, I find that this pedal can do without that gain control. Some of my friends would set the gain at a fixed position and never touching it after that. If you are one of them, maybe this might be for you. 
Instead of a gain, it has the mid knob there though. I think it is more useful that way. I've tried Digitech Grunge and at times, I was often annoyed by Grunge that it doesn't have a mid knob for me to smoothen the distortion. By having a 3-band EQ on a distortion pedal, it gives you a large spectrum of distortion tone. 
This pedal kinda sounds like my Metal End King. It doesn't not have a Amp simulator like Metal End but the distortion it gives is very much like Metal End. So if you are looking for alternatives of Boss MT-2 or find that Metal End King is too big, you may consider this. 

Price: S$107~110. If someone is selling at a price higher than that, don't fall for it. I once had someone trying to sell his Death Metal for $180. Yes.. such people exists.

No comments: