Sunday, August 7, 2011

"I should be allowed to pay first."

Jumping queue, something I don't like. During my secondary school years, I was a Prefect and I was supposed to make sure people behave when they are getting food (stop them from cutting queue, etc..). 
Every Swee Lee sales is accompanied by a super long queue and crowds. I came late today so I ended up rather far behind the queue. The man behind me looked super 'pek cek' (frustrated). After queuing for only 3-4 minutes, he called out to one of the sale assistant. This is what he said.

Man: Hi, could I ask you something?
S.A: Yes? How many I help you.
Man: I come from Malaysia and I came here to get some stuffs. But the queue is barely moving and I'm in a rush. My wife is waiting for me at the hotel to check-out at 2 pm. (It was 11:45 at that time.)
S.A: I'm sorry if the queue is very long but everyone is doing the same. I can understand that you are in a rush but there is nothing I can do to the queue.
Man: Can you go to the counter to allow me to pay for the stuffs first? I am buying about 3.5k worth of stuffs. I should be allowed to pay first. 
Me: (what? -.-) 
S.A.: Sir, everyone is doing the same thing and there are people spending more than that. I can't do anything about it.
Man: Try first then talk. You can try
S.A: Well, why I bring you to the counter and let you talk to them?
Man: Fine.

The above isn't exactly how the conversation goes but you get the idea. To be frank, I would call him barbaric for something like this. Common senses tell you that cutting queue is a selfish thing to do. Anyone in the right mind would know that. I really wonder.. what was that guy thinking back then?
So don't jump queue. Or....
Well, maybe that's what happened to him since he was never in the line again.

No comments: