Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Marshall Major @ Stereo

I had a few friends asking me where to buy Marshall Major. Well, I am not sure if Davis has them (but they should since they are the distributor of Marshall products).
If you are looking for one, look no further. Stereo sells them at $120 for the Major. Now that is $80 lower than the price that was predicted by many before it was released. So I gave it a try. If you are to ask me for my opinion, I would say it isn't what I am really looking for if I am to listen to my music. But I bet it will work well as a gear for silent guitar practicing. It is kinda focused on its mid-range and a bit more bassy. For listening to music, I like my headphones to be less bassy and more of mids and highs. That's how I find that I can hear the guitar parts better. And yes, another important thing is the clarity of the tone. For the price, Major does give clarity. What I mean by clarity is that the tone isn't muffled like you get from those $10 headphones. A headphone that is too treble-ish is very jarring to the ears for guitar playing. 

2 comments:

subversion.sg said...

for guitar tones, headphones are NOT the way to go IMO...

Loki said...

I wouldn't disagree with tat since i personally don't really prefer using headphones to play guitar. I like it the natural way, frm the amp. But sometimes i just dun have a choice when i wish to play at 12 midnight. And in this case, tone isn't rly tat important. After all, i just want to get some practices. :)