Friday, July 8, 2011

Aria IGB-STD

I was with my juniors from my CCA to accompany them look around for some equipments for the CCA (drums, cables, bass, racks, etc..). We were at Davis and we asked a staff there (I can't remember his name, all I remember is he's bald) for a bass of $200-300. He introduced the Aria IGB-Std to us. 
I remember seeing this bass on one of Subversion's blogpost (I'm a regular reader). He said it's cheap and cheerful and indeed it is not bad. It sports an alder body but what interests me is its neck construction. It's just a bolt-on but it looks like this:
Note: this is not IGB-STD but the neck construction is similar.
This slanted bolt-on (I don't know how to describe) promotes upper fret access for this bass. In my opinion, I think it would be more of a help on guitars.
The price of it is lowered to $195 compared to the $250 last time. If anyone wants a cheap bass, this is good enough. 

6 comments:

Z said...

nice bass for 200 bucks :D

Loki said...

Yeah. =D But I prefer Smash jb1 better though. =D

Anonymous said...

the bald dude's name is prolly Irfan. nice guy!

Loki said...

Oh okay. Thx for the input. =) Yeah. He is a nice guy. I am very lousy in remembering names.

subversion.sg said...

this is an amazing bass for the $$

Loki said...

Yeah! (Y) But I like the smash jb1's tone better. Of cos, the price is different as well.