Saturday, July 2, 2011

The Crack Check

The same friend who told me about LTD in ESP's clothing gave me another advice on the same day: "What I must check when I'm buying a second-handed guitar."
Firstly, he told me that he can't stand those people who look at every single angle of the guitar just to look for a cosmetic faults (scratches, dents, etc..) . This kind of people can be classified as 'fussy buyers'. And he is not the only one who feels like that, he said.
However, he told me to still check for 2 areas in particular; the headstock and the area where the neck and the body joins. He stressed me to avoid buying any guitar with any minimum crack (not scratch) in those areas. He told me that getting a guitar with a crack (regardless of small or big) can cause a lot of trouble when you setup up your guitar, especially when it comes to intonation. 

No comments: