Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Brand-minded?

I know a few people who care about brand names so much. To them, only Ibanez, Gibson and Fender are guitars. Any other less well-known brands are considered as 'brandless' to them, not to mention that they WON'T purchase one.
One of them said he would not want to perform with a guitar with an unpopular brand name on its headstock. Some of the people would even take all the effort to go and change the brand name on the headstock (e.g. Placing a Fender decal on Squier).
I am not saying that they are not allow to think like that. They can think whatever they want. In fact, I didn't raise a word when they said that. However, what matters to me the most is the quality of the instrument. By considering 'brands', it is the same as limiting your choices. For me, as long as the quality control of the instrument is good, regardless of what brand it is, I will buy it.

1 comment:

zazin said...

yeh bro, true. as for me, i would go for those unheard brands n prove to them dat these guitars and basses werks juz as fine. i would even mod them to look exclusiv enough....hehehe.....