Friday, July 29, 2011

Mix-and-Match: My Personal Reflection

Among all the pedals I have, many of them are drive pedals. What's the use of having so many drives? Well, as least I can try to mix and match and experiment what kind of tone is produced.
As seen from above, I've tried to pair the Behringer Vintage Tube OD and Modtone Speedbox. Normally, people use the OD to boost the distortion. I use it otherwise. I tried to boost the tube OD with Speedbox and here is the result.
When played through my Fernandes, it doesn't sound good at all. Too bassy for my liking. So I used my Squier instead. I find that the above combination is a better match for a strat with SSS pickup configuration. The Tube OD sounds much bright and I like the crunchy overdrive from it.
However, there is one more problem. Too much noises are produced when I join them together. This is worsened by the hum of the single coils.

No comments: