Thursday, July 28, 2011

Homecoming

I am supposed to update this 3-4 days (or even 5) ago but I just couldn't find the time. Well, anyway I've got my Squier back, safe and sound.
I may have mentioned this before but mounted on my Squier is a set of Tesla Plasma-1. They are not a high-output pickups. It is not very twangy (as some single coils does), which is a factor I like about it.
Action is set to low as you can see from the picture below. The setup is made for gauge-9. The set of strings used is an Ernie Ball coated Slinky. It is a nice set of strings which I would say is 'bend-friendly'.
Previously, I mentioned about fret buzz. It is due to the unleveled 12th fret. It was higher than the rest so it needed to be re-leveled. Mike did a great job on that.
Lastly, you can now find a Tesla Vibration Damper between the tuners and the nut on the headstock. Did I buy it? No. Tesla Vibration Damper is FREE whenever you purchase Tesla Pickups (regardless of humbuckers or single coils). If you can't find one in your box of Tesla, it is probably the old batch of Tesla.

4 comments:

Z said...

nice, looking forward to the samples >.<

Loki said...

AFter my buddy's got his Apogee one. =D hehehe

Artik said...

Which should be by next monday if all goes right

Loki said...

That's my awesome keyboardist there. ;)