Friday, July 22, 2011

Understanding Tradition

I wonder why was the pick named 'Tradition'. Maybe it has the tradition guitar pick shape?
As you can see, it does has the shape of a normal pick (like my Everly Star Picks). However, Tradition is much wider. Its thickness of 2.75mm also give this V-pick a better grip. It is also beveled like many other V-picks of this thickness; this makes alternate picking easier. 

However, Tradition does not have any pointed corners like Original Small pointed does. It may not make much of a difference on electric guitar but on acoustic, it will produce a less brighter sound. Anyway, I don't think 2.75mm thickness is appropriate for acoustic, which is why I got Tradition Ultra Lite. 

Tradition is a good choice of V-pick for those who are not used to the triangular picks. My favourite V-pick is still Original Small Pointed. 

No comments: